The Filaflex 70A ‘Ultra-Soft’ is a polyurethane-based TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) elastic filament with properties comparable to silicone. It has a shore hardness of 70A, meaning that it can stretch by up to 900% before breaking. Its greatest advantage is that after stretching, it returns to its original shape without deforming or breaking.
The filaments of the Filaflex range have great print bed adhesion, so they don’t need a heated bed, blue tape, Kapton tape, lacquer or any other spray adhesive. What’s more, they are odourless and resistant to solvents, acetone and fuel. Different guidelines are required for printing with Filaflex. That’s why the 3D printer needs to be properly configured.
Filaflex 70A is non-toxic and may come in contact with the skin, but it is not approved for medical or food use. It can be used to create:
– Insoles: orthotic insoles.
– Prostheses and models of organs: prosthetic arms and hands, organs for simulation of surgical operations, etc.
– Flexible objects and parts for manufacturing and the automotive industry: stoppers, joints, tyres, grippers, etc.
– Textile parts and accessories: textile garments, fabrics, prints on garments, bags, earrings, etc.
– Footwear: soles, shoes, sandals, slippers, etc.