The Filaflex 95A ‘Medium-Flex’ is a semi-flexible polyurethane-based TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) elastic filament. It has a shore hardness of 95A, meaning that it can stretch by up to 500% before breaking. It’s very easy to use and after stretching, it returns to its original shape without deforming or breaking, showing excellent mechanical properties.
The filaments of the Filaflex range have great print bed adhesion, so they don’t need a heated bed, blue tape, Kapton tape, lacquer or any other spray adhesive. What’s more, they are odourless and resistant to solvents, acetone and fuel. Different guidelines are required for printing with Filaflex. That’s why the 3D printer needs to be properly configured.
Filaflex 95A is non-toxic and may come in contact with the skin, but it is not approved for medical or food use. It can be used to create:
– Insoles: orthotic insoles.
– Prostheses and models of organs: prosthetic arms and hands, organs for simulation of surgical operations, etc.
– Flexible objects and parts for manufacturing and the automotive industry: stoppers, joints, tyres, grippers, etc.
– Textile parts and accessories: textile garments, fabrics, prints on garments, bags, earrings, etc.
– Footwear: soles, shoes, sandals, slippers, etc.
Print temperature: 215-250 °C.
Print speed: 20-70 mm/s.
Diameter tolerance: 0.03 mm.
Retraction speed: 20-100 mm/s at a distance of 3.5-6 mm/s (optimal 5.2 mm/s).
Travel speed: 160-200 mm/s.
Layer height: 0.08-0.3 (for 0.4 mm nozzles). Optimal results 0.2 mm.