Conductive Filaflex TPU filament is a electrically conductive flexible filament with a shore hardness 92A, designed for the manufacture of electrically conductive parts or components and ideal for the creation of wearable devices. Thanks to its 92A shore hardness, it is compatible with 90% of the 3D printers on the market. It provides two of the most coveted properties in 3D printing: elasticity and conductivity.
It has an electrical resistance of approximately 3.9 Ω-cm. To determine if the material will fulfil the functions in a certain project, it must take into account that the resistance changes depending on its impression.
To successfully use Conductive Filaflex filament in electronic applications, the electrical resistance of the circuit must be considered and it must take into account that this filament is designed for low current applications.
To print with this electrically conductive TPU filament, there is no need to use a hardened nozzle. In addition, Filaflex Conductive is a completely safe, flexible and conductive filament that will not damage the printer. However, to keep it in good condition, we recommend cleaning the nozzle very well after printing with this filament. This will remove any sediment that may have remained in the hotend. For this, another material such as PET-G can be used. Check out more information on hotend maintenance and repair and other recommendations.
Conductive Filaflex TPU filament has countless applications. It can be used to:
– Creation of electrically conductive circuits used for flexible electronics, electromagnetic signal isolation, pressure-sensitive buttons,...
– Wearable Electronics (3D printing on textiles).
– Computer interface, joysticks, Arduino keyboards, digital keyboards, trackpad,...
– Printing tracks for LEDs.
– Surface electrodes and electrodes for muscle electro stimulation or medical devices, such as electrocardiogram patches.