Filaflex 70A, 'Ultra-Soft', is a highly elastic TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) filament with a polyurethane base whose properties make it comparable to silicone. It has a 70A shore hardness, reaching up to 900% stretch before breaking. Its greatest advantage is that after stretching, it returns to its original shape without deforming or breaking. Filaflex 70A is not suitable for All Metal hotends, since the filament could get stuck and not flow properly, however, if you have any questions, contact us and we will advise you.
The filaments of the Filaflex range have great print bed adhesion, so they don't need a heated bed, blue tape, Kapton tape, lacquer or any other spray adhesive. What's more, they are odourless and resistant to solvents, acetone and fuel. Its printing requires different guidelines to rigid filaments. That's why the 3D printer needs to be properly configured.
Filaflex 70A is non-toxic and can be in contact with the skin. Consult for medical or food use. It can be used to create pieces that require high elasticity such as:
– Insoles: orthopaedic insoles.
– Prosthesis and organ models: prosthetic arms, hands, organs for simulation of surgical operations,...
– Flexible objects and parts for industry, automotive: buffers, gaskets, tires, grippers ...
– Textile parts and accessories: textile garments, fabrics, printing on garments, bags, earrings,...
– Footwear: soles, shoes, sandals, slippers,...
- Printing temperature
- Print speed
- 20-40 mm/s.
- Diameter tolerance
- 0.04 mm.
- Layer height
- 0,08-0,3 (for 0,4 mm nozzles). Optimal results 0,2 mm.
- Retraction speed
- 35-50 mm/s at a distance of 2.5-6 mm.
- Travelling speed
- 160-200 mm/s.
- Shore hardness