The Filaflex 82A Original is the flagship elastic filament of the Filaflex range. The best-selling and most popular flexible filament for 3D printers.
- Shore hardness 82A
- 650% stretch
- High elasticity
- Resistant to solvents, fuel and acetone
- No hotbed required
- Made in the EU
The Filaflex 82A ‘Original’ is a polyurethane-based TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) elastic filament with a shore hardness of 82A, meaning that it can stretch by up to 650% before breaking. Its greatest advantage is that after stretching, it returns to its original shape without deforming or breaking.
The flexible filaments of the Filaflex range have great print bed adhesion, so they don't need a heated bed, blue tape, Kapton tape, lacquer or any other spray adhesive. What's more, they are odourless and resistant to solvents, acetone and fuel. Its printing requires different guidelines to rigid filaments. That's why the 3D printer needs to be properly configured.
Filaflex 82A is non-toxic and can be in contact with the skin. Consult for medical or food use. It can be used to create:
– Insoles: orthopaedic insoles.
– Prosthesis and organ models: prosthetic arms, hands, organs for simulation of surgical operations,...
– Flexible objects and parts for industry, automotive: buffers, gaskets, tires, grippers ...
– Textile parts and accessories: textile garments, fabrics, printing on garments, bags, earrings,...
– Footwear: soles, shoes, sandals, slippers,...
- Printing temperature
- Print speed
- 20-60 mm/s.
- Diameter tolerance
- 0.03 mm.
- Layer height
- 0.2 mm.
- Retraction speed
- 40 mm/s at a distance of 4-6 mm. In the extreme case of an extruder jam, disable retractions.
- Increase the flow if the extrusion of the filament is intermittent, between 105% - 115%, and reduce the pressure of the lever arm that presses the filament on the motor pulley, to avoid strangling the filament and producing jams.
- Shore hardness